Are you looking for glow in the dark dummies or pacifiers for your little one that guarantees safety? You are not entirely sure whether glowing dummies would be safe to put in your baby’s mouth.
Well, you are at the right spot, as we can answer all your queries regarding your child’s safety. A pacifier is basically a plastic, silicone, or rubber nipple replacement that is given to an infant to feed upon to soothe them.
Pacifier is quite helpful to calm your baby down and relax them. It usually has three parts- a shield, a handle, and an elongated teat. The teat or nipple is designed from latex or silicone in an easy and comfortable shape to suckle.
Next, the guard or shield stops the nipple from being sucked inside the mouth of your little one. The handle in the form of a ring makes it easy for you to remove the dummy after use.
People usually refer to pacifiers as dummy because it is meant to imitate a teat or nipple, the same way a dummy mimics a person. Different types of pacifiers are available in the market for your little ones.
Glow in the dark dummy has become widely popular as they shine brightly in a dark environment. This makes it easy for you to locate the pacifier at night, put it in your baby’s mouth for soothing purposes, and remove it easily without turning on the light.
The glow from the dummies is extremely soft and won’t harm your baby’s eyes. Plus, they will create a magical and beautiful environment that will help them drift off to sleep. These types of a pacifier are pretty simple to find as they are available both online and offline.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Glow In The Dark Dummy Or Pacifier –
- GLOWS IN THE DARK: These night pacifiers for baby glow in the dark, making it easy for you to locate quickly at night without any stumbling and searching, so your baby can sleep better.
- SYMMETRICAL DESIGN: The breastfeed pacifier for babies is fun and functional. The curved shield with wide openings are always right-side up and prevent skin irritation with maximum airflow.
- SILICONE NIPPLE: The BPA-free silicone boy and girl pacifier has the signature MAM design, with silky SkinSoft material and a symmetrical shape that's ideal for jaw and teeth development.
We earn a small commission from your purchase at no extra cost to you. It helps keep the site running. Last update on 2023-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API/ More Info
1. Many studies reveal that using a pacifier at night or naps can prevent SIDS- sudden infant death syndrome. Though doctors aren’t sure how it works, putting a pacifier in the baby’s mouth while they are sleeping can lower the chances of SIDS.
2. Typically, all babies are born with the natural urge to suck; the bottle, as well as breastfeeding, usually fulfills this urge, but this impulse comes back even after the tummy is full. Here, a pacifier can be of great help.
3. Dummies also help babies learn how to control their feelings. It relaxes as well as makes them feel safe and secure. A glowing pacifier will make them feel more secure.
4. Glow in the dummies are available in colors and designs that will make your little one curious and help them find comfort in the darkness.
5. They are available in various forms and sizes to meet your baby’s needs.
6. They are quite easy for your little ones to accept and promote the growth of the palate and jaw.
7. Glow in the dark dummy further produces a soft blue/green hue, which simply typifies nighttime.
Is Glow In The Dark Dummy Safe For Use?
Pacifiers are typically recommended for infants as their benefits are endless for them. At age two and above, using dummies, with thumb sucking, can interfere with the child’s oral development and cause some issues with teeth development.
Therefore, avoid their use after your baby’s second birthday; besides, when selecting pacifiers for infants, you should use the one with silicone nipples as the latex nipples can be bitten through, which further causes latex sensitivity.
Additionally, your glow dummies should feature holes in the shield to avoid choking. The attachment cords of the dummy should be around six inches and not more. Also, wash your pacifier at least once daily using a light soap and normal water.
Remember that you should not put a pacifier inside the mouth of a fussy baby to calm them down. It should be used when the infant is well-fed, cleaned, and cuddled. Also, refrain from putting it inside the mouth of a sleeping baby.
Preferably use them during nap time as well as at night time. Mostly glow in the dark pacifiers or dummies are considered safe for use if they do not contain any harmful materials.
Plus, they should come in the same shape, design, and form as a regular one and are used in the same way. All glowing dummies should radiate a soft light that is soothing to a baby’s eyes.
Infants are very delicate beings; therefore, while buying things from them, you must be careful. Even a small thing can hamper their growth and development.
You need to replace a pacifier, be it normal or glowing, every six weeks. Also, check the pacifier occasionally for tears, bites, or any weak areas. If you find anything doubtful, replace the glow in the dark dummy.
When Should You Stop The Use Of Pacifiers?
At the time of your baby’s first birthday, you need to try to break them off from pacifier use. This will ensure a smooth transition before the second birthday.
You can begin with some easy steps and gradually increase the restriction. Perhaps you can reduce the use of pacifiers at night or at home.
Are There Different Sizes Of Glow In The Dark Dummy Available?
All pacifiers are available in different sizes depending on your baby’s age. According to your infant, a dummy that is too small or big will not be able to calm them down.
Typically, a small-size dummy is recommended for six months and younger infants, while a medium-sized one is for six to eighteen months infants and a large-sized dummy for eighteen months and older.
In How Many Shapes Do The Pacifiers Come?
The dummy or pacifier comes in two teat shapes- a standard round one and an orthodontic one- a flat base with a round top. Both these shapes are secure and safe for use by infants, so you can buy whichever shape you want.
After feeding your baby and putting them to sleep, it is pretty irritating when you need to get up again. But when you use a pacifier at nighttime, you usually don’t have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night. Glow-in-the-dark dummies are easy to find and put into your infant’s mouth at night.
They glow up in the dark, which makes them easy to locate. Plus, they emit a bright glow that soothes and make your toddler feel comfortable at night. At the end of the day, glow in the dark pacifiers is an excellent and beneficial investment.