Are you looking for glow in the dark dummies or pacifiers for your little one that guarantees safety? You are not completely sure whether glowing dummies would be safe to put in the mouth of your baby.
Well, you are at the right spot as we can answer all your queries regarding the safety of your child. A pacifier is basically a plastic, silicone, or rubber nipple replacement that is given to an infant to feed upon for soothing them.
Pacifier is quite helpful to calm your baby down and relax them. It usually comes with three parts- a shield, a handle, and an elongated teat. The teat or nipple is designed from latex or silicone in a shape that is easy as well as comfortable to suckle.
Next, the guard or shield stops the nipple from being sucked inside the mouth of your little one. The handle in the form of a ring makes it easy for you to remove the dummy after use.
The reason people usually refer to pacifiers as dummy is because it is meant to imitate a teat or nipple, the same way a dummy imitates a person. There are different types of pacifiers available in the market for your little ones.
Glow in the dark dummy has become widely-popular as they shine brightly in a dark environment. This makes it easy for you to locate the pacifier at night, put it in the mouth of your baby for soothing purposes and then remove it easily without turning on the light.
The glow from the dummies is extremely soft and won’t harm your baby’s eyes. Plus, they will create a magical and beautiful environment that will further help them to drift off to sleep. These types of a pacifier are pretty simple to find as they are available both online and offline.
Benefits Of Glow In The Dark Dummy Or Pacifier
- GLOWS AT NIGHT - These night pacifiers glow in the dark, making it easy for you to locate quickly at night without any stumbling and searching, so baby can sleep better.
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN – These cute pacifiers for babies are fun and functional. The curved shield with wide openings keep baby comfortable and allow baby’s skin to breathe.
- SILICONE NIPPLE – The BPA-free silicone nipple is a signature MAM pacifier design, with silky SkinSoft material and a symmetrical shape that's ideal for jaw and teeth development.
We earn a small commission from your purchase at no extra cost to you. It helps keep the site running. Last update on 2021-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API/ More Info
1. Many studies reveal that the use of a pacifier at night time or naps can prevent SIDS- sudden infant death syndrome. Though doctors aren’t sure how it works, if you put a pacifier in the baby’s mouth while they are sleeping, you can lower the chances of SIDS.
2. Typically, all babies are born with the natural urge to suck; the bottle, as well as breast-feeding, usually fulfills this urge, but this impulse comes back even after the tummy is full. Here, a pacifier can be of great help.
3. Dummies also help babies learn how to control their feelings. It relaxes as well as makes them feel safe and secure. A glowing pacifier will make them feel more secure.
4. Glow in the dummies are available in colors and designs that will make your little one curious and help them find comfort in the darkness.
5. They are available in various forms and sizes to meet the needs of your baby.
6. They are quite easy for your little ones to accept and promote the growth of the palate and jaw.
7. Glow in the dark dummy further produces a soft blue/green hue, which simply typifies night time.
Are Glow In The Dark Dummy Safe For Use?
iPacifiers are typically recommended for infants as their benefits are endless for them. At age two and above, the use of dummies, with the thumb sucking, can lead to interference with the oral development of the child as well as cause some issues with teeth development.
Therefore, avoid their use after your baby’s second birthday, Besides, when selecting pacifiers for infants, you should use the one with silicone nipples as the latex nipples can be bitten through, which further causes latex sensitivity.
Additionally, your glow dummies should feature holes in the shield to avoid choking. The attachment cords of the dummy should be around six inches and not more. Also, wash your pacifier at least one time a day using a light soap and normal water.
Remember that you should not put a pacifier inside the mouth of a fussy baby to calm him/her down. It should be used when the infant is well fed, cleaned, and cuddled. Also, refrain from putting it inside the mouth of a sleeping baby.
Preferably use them during nap time as well as night time. Mostly glow in the dark pacifiers or dummies are considered safe for use if they do not contain any harmful materials.
Plus, they should come in the same shape, design, and form as a regular one and are used in the same way. All glowing dummies should radiate a soft light that is soothing to the eyes of a baby.
Infants are very delicate beings, and therefore, while buying things from them, you need to be careful. Even a small thing can hamper their growth and development.
It is said that you need to replace a pacifier, be it normal or glowing, every six weeks. Also, check the pacifier occasionally for tears, bites, or any weak area. If you find anything doubtful, replace the glow in the dark dummy.
When Should You Stop The Use Of Pacifiers?
At the time of your baby’s first birthday, you need to start making attempts to break them off from the pacifier use. This will ensure a smooth transition before the second birthday.
You can begin with some easy steps and gradually increase the restriction. Perhaps you can reduce the use of pacifiers during the night time or at home.
Are There Different Sizes Of Glow In The Dark Dummy Available?
All pacifiers are available in different sizes depending on the age of your baby. A dummy that is too small or big according to your infant will not be able to calm them down.
Typically, a small size dummy is recommended for six months and younger infants while a medium-sized one for six to eighteen months infants and a large-sized dummy for eighteen months and older.
In How Many Shapes The Pacifiers Come?
The dummy or pacifier comes in two teat shapes- a standard round one and an orthodontic one- flat base with a round top. Both these shapes are secure and safe for use by infants, so you can buy whichever shape you want.
After feeding your baby and putting them to sleep, when you need to get up again, it is quite irritating. But when you use a pacifier at nighttime, you usually don’t have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night. Glow-in-the-dark dummies are easy to find and put into your infant’s mouth at night. They glow up in the dark, which makes them easy to locate. Plus, they emit a bright glow that soothes and make your toddler feel comfortable at night. At the end of the day, glow in the dark pacifiers are a nice and beneficial investment.