Your masterpiece may be acclaimed by everyone in the day, but what about the night? The dark overpowers your colors and takes them into darkness.
But not anymore! Using a glow in the dark paint for canvas, you can make it fluoresces in the dark. Even in the darkness, your masterpiece will glow like a moon.
These glow paints have glowing pigments that enable them to emit light. But initially, you have to charge them using a powerful light like Direct sunlight, Blacklight, LED light, etc.
Most of the canvas paints have good consistency, so its easy to apply them. Also, these paints dry clear, so it won’t ruin the paint, rather embellish it.
Now, the question is – Which glow paint is best for canvas?
And that’s a genuine one. With hundreds of glow in the dark paints in the market, it’s very difficult to find a good one for canvas.
Even for me, it was kinda hard to select as most of them either don’t adhere well or simply don’t glow. But finally, after a lot of testing, I have concluded the top 3 of them.
Warning: Since I have personally tested each product, my reviews are rather long, so if you don’t have time to read it wholly, then below is my recommendations.
3. Neon Nights 8 x UV Fabric Fluorescent Paint Set
When you are painting on a canvas, you need details that a single color can’t provide. That’s why you need this set of eight glow in the dark paints.
These paints make your canvas vivid in the day and glowing in the dark. They dry the same color, which makes them visible in the daylight.
Each bottle has 0.7 fl oz(20ml) paint, which, if you ask me, is more than enough for most of the crafts, considering we have eight paints.
This includes Yellow, Green, Pink, Blue, Orange, Red, White, and Violet.
All the paints are quite thin and adhere well on canvas. Actually, its a Fabric paint, but due to its high opacity and vibrancy, it fits great for canvas.
The paints glow very bright and stand out in the dark, but only in an LED Blacklight.
Now, if you don’t have an LED blacklight or aren’t planning to get one, then this paint isn’t for you.
But if you want to see the highly vibrant color, then this is the Blacklight I use. Its easy to set up and makes the colors pop out in the dark.
Remember, it glows well in an LED blacklight and not “true” blacklight, the description is wrong(Personal experience).
All the paints work great on canvas and fabric, but don’t use it on body whatsoever as they are very hard to remove-off the skin.
If the paint falls on the skin, don’t panic as they are completely safe to use, but wash them before they dry. Once dry, it won’t come out that easy.
Users really love that these are super bright, and really stands out, but hates that they only glow in an LED Blacklight.
- Glows very bright
- Adheres well on canvas and fabric
- More than enough paint
- Completely safe to use
- Only glows in an LED Blacklight
- ★ BRIGHT COLOR TO STAND OUT - Show up to your next party with an instant statement - Our Fabric Paints stand out under Ultra Violet (UV) and blacklights, but are noticeably during daytime too
- ★ USABLE ON ALL BACKGROUNDS - Our Glow in the Dark Fabric Paints are so vibrant, they can be seen on any color shirt or canvas due to their high opacity and vibrancy
- ★ EASY USE FOR DIY PROJECTS - These high-quality and safe-to-use paints are great for festival costumes, party outfits, and are made to impress. Also great for a school project or hobby project
2. Astro Glow Non-Toxic Glow in the Dark Canvas Paint
Astro Glow is the best option if you want to paint a couple of things on your canvas. I said “a couple of” because it comes in a tiny bottle with a size similar to a nail polish bottle.
This bottle contains 0.54 oz(16ml) paint, which is good for small projects but may fit small for big canvas projects. You don’t want to run out of paint while painting, do you?
It’s fairly smooth to apply. I love its consistency, neither thick nor runny, just the perfect for canvas.
It dries clear, so it isn’t noticeable in the day, but the same paint pops out in the dark.
Since it dries clear, you can use it as a color or as a coat on the canvas to give a glow effect once the lights turn off.
I love the glow of this paint, bright and long enough, but that depends on the charge and thickness. If either of these things are missing, your paint won’t work as expected.
Personally, I would recommend having 4-5 coats for the best effect. However, more the coats, the better the glow, so you can do more.
And for the charge, I would recommend using a powerful light. Remember, the light is its food; the better you feed it, the better and longer it glows.
Now, for the time, I don’t have a particular figure, it depends on the source. If you are using a strong source like Blacklight, then 1-2 minutes are enough, and more if a standard source is used.
Standard source includes direct sunlight, LED light, lamplight, etc.
It glows very bright, but can’t hold the glow for long. It will glow for upto an hour, I hardly ever saw it better than that.
It’s a water-based acrylic paint, so it can be easily wiped off using water. So, in case of a mistake, don’t panic, simply take a cloth, pour some water and rub on the canvas.
Remember, you can only clean it until its wet, once dry, its almost like permanent, very hard to remove.
What If it didn’t work for me? If it doesn’t fit well for you, then you have the 100% money-back guarantee using which you can return the item and take your money back.
- Glows very bright
- Consistency is perfect for canvas
- Unnoticeable in the day, glowing during night
- Clean easily and can use on other surfaces
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Glow doesn’t last long
- Less paint
- Extremely Bright Long Lasting Glow! If charged with a bright light it will glow ALL NIGHT and will continue to recharge over and over again. No need for expensive black lights.
- Paint dries virtually clear and is nearly invisible on light colored surfaces. You won't even know it's there!
- Adheres well to plastic, wood, metal and fabric making it great for all projects including fishing lures, starscapes on ceilings, signs, & whatever else you want to make glow
1. Premium Artist’s Acrylic Glow in the Dark Canvas Paint
Its made using premium acrylic paint and strontium aluminate glow powder, which makes it durable and glow in the dark. Also, it mixes the qualities of both the paints.
Is it safe to use on other surfaces? Yes, this paint is non-toxic and non-radioactive, so it’s completely safe for you and the environment.
The thing I love is that you get 1 ounce(30 ml) of paint at a relatively lower price than most paints, which gives you plenty of paint to use.
This paint glows very bright, similar to the picture above, but only in the dark. In the daylight its clear. Even in the bottle, its completely clear, translucent to be accurate.
So, you can either use it as paint or as a covering of your previous art. Either way, it embellishes the canvas and makes it fluoresce in the dark.
But to get a bright glow, you have to take care of the thickness and charge of the paint. By thickness, I mean, you need several coats of the paint to see the best effect. Personally, I have 5 coats, and it works like a charm.
Apart from thickness, charge plays a crucial role. Not only the duration but also the source has equal importance.
Some of the good sources are sunlight, LED light, lamplight, but the best of all, Blacklight. Charging with a blacklight for 3-5 minutes can yield a glow of upto 6 hours.
It will glow the same color you see in the picture. If you don’t like that color, don’t worry, you can nine more to choose from.
Hack – You can buy a couple of its other colors to have multiple color glow.
This is the blacklight torch I use. You can give it a try if you want, otherwise, stick with other chargers, they are good.
The rule of thumb is – more the coats, better the charger, longer and brighter the glow.
What if I don’t like it? You have 30 days, 100% money-back guarantee, so you can either return it or replace it.
Users really love that its easy to apply, dry clear, charge quickly, and fluoresces long, but wish the paint was available in a bigger size.
- Durable and easy to apply
- Completely safe to use
- Can glow upto 6 hours
- More paint at less price, so value for money
- Plenty of color options
- Can be used on other surfaces as well
- Money-back Guarantee
- Glow in the dark acrylic paint from Art ‘N Glow, the premier glow in the dark supplier for fine arts, crafts, and DIY projects.
- Each order includes one fluid ounce of glow paint made from premium acrylic paint and strontium aluminate glow powder, the brightest, longest lasting glow in the dark technology available anywhere.
- Our neutral glow paints dry clear for at least the first few coats so they are great for embellishing traditional paintings. Please check out the pictures for examples of what is possible with our...
Tips for Glow In The Dark Paint For Canvas
- Before using, stir is thoroughly to mix the settled glow pigments with the paint.
- It usually dries clear, but if you make it too thick, then it can turn translucent or maybe a little thicker than that.
- You can use them as paint or a coat, both works best.
- If the paint is too thick to apply, then use an acrylic thinner or water to thin it.
- Having multiple coats gives the best result, but don’t apply it too thick, have a balance.
- For the best glow, Blacklight is the perfect charger.
How can I make my canvas glow in the dark?
To make your canvas glow, you need to apply glow in the dark paint on it. You can either use it as a color or a coat on top of your other paintings. Most of these paints dry clear, so it won’t ruin your masterpiece while also make it glow in the dark.
How long does canvas glow in the dark paint last?
The glow of a canvas glow in the dark paint can last anywhere between 3-8 hours, depending on the quality, thickness, and charge. Once applied, these paints will be active for years and glow without any problem. They can be recharged millions of times, so you won’t have to repaint it every then and now.
How can I apply a glow in the dark paint on my canvas?
A glowing canvas paint is just like acrylic paint, or maybe a little thicker. You have to apply them the same way except that you need to have multiple coats to get the best effect. Also, if the paint is thicker, then you can thin it using water or acrylic thinner. Once thin, you can apply them however you want.
So, we have reached the end of the article. In this article, I talked about the best glow in the dark paints for canvas that you can get right now. These paints have a good consistency and is perfect for applying on canvas. Also, they glow and charge well. If you like this article, do share it with your friends and family.