While simple paint only shows in the daylight, a glow in the dark acrylic paint glow in the dark.
These paints are made using acrylic and glowing pigments that when mixed have the qualities of both paints.
Just like a glow in the dark paint, these acrylic paints charge and fluoresce in the dark. And like acrylic paints they can be used on various surfaces including work, metal, glass, fabric, plastic, etc.
Now, you may ask – Which one is the best?
With hundreds of acrylic paints in the market self-acclaiming to be the best, its hard to get your hands on the right one.
But don’t worry, I got you. After using plenty of glow in the dark acrylic paints, I have listed the top 3 ones.
Below is a quick view of these paints.
3. Premium Artist’s Glow in The Dark Acrylic Paint
Want a glow in the dark acrylic paint that adheres well on most surfaces? Then this Premium Acrylic paint from Art ’N Glow is a great option.
Made from premium acrylic paint and strontium aluminate glow powder, this paint is among the brightest and long-lasting paints.
For the unknown, these materials are naturally occurring elements, so its a non-toxic, non-radioactive paint that’s completely safe for you and the environment.
It’s a neutral color, so it dries clear, especially on lighter surfaces. Well, its more like translucent, which turns white as more layers are added.
But don’t worry, its almost unnoticeable and embellish traditional painting or any surface beneath it.
This paint fluoresces exactly like the picture above and makes a noticeable light in the dark. It can glow anywhere between 3-6 hours, depending on the charge.
Oh, I forget to talk about the charge! Just like you need food to work, these paints need light to charge themselves. But the quality of the light source matters a lot, just like food.
A good quality source will provide a bright glow for hours and vice-versa. Sunlight, lamp, UV lights, and blacklight is among the best source.
Have at least 3-5 layers to get the best visible glow. Anything less may not help.
Now, keep this is mind that when dusk arrives, these paints start to fluoresce, which uses their energy, and by the time night arrives, most of the energy will be gone, leaving you with less glow and duration.
So, I would recommend you to charge these paints with a powerful artificial light like Blacklight that will recharge it and ensure all-night glow. I recommend this blacklight torch as its durable and handy.
Now, if you don’t like the above color, then there are 9 more to choose from. What if I don’t like this paint?
Don’t worry, you have 30 days 100% money-back guarantee available, so if anything happens, you can easily return it.
- Complete safe for use
- Good for numerous surfaces
- Dries clear, so embellish the surface behind
- Glows bright for long
- 8 colors options
- No color present, so can’t clearly see in daylight
- It becomes white with more layers
- Glow in the dark acrylic paint from Art ‘N Glow, the premier glow in the dark supplier for fine arts, crafts, and DIY projects.
- Each order includes one fluid ounce of glow paint made from premium acrylic paint and strontium aluminate glow powder, the brightest, longest lasting glow in the dark technology available anywhere.
- Our neutral glow paints dry clear for at least the first few coats so they are great for embellishing traditional paintings. Please check out the pictures for examples of what is possible with our...
2. Aurora Bright Green Glow in The Dark Acrylic Paint
If you want an acrylic paint that fluoresces super bright for hours with only a minute of charge, then hands down Aurora is the best. Aurora, if you aren’t familiar, is a well-known name.
Its made using top-grade europium-doped aluminate oxide pigments that make it durable and super glowing. It dries clear, thus being almost unnoticeable in the daylight but glows like an orb in the dark.
Well, it does dry clear, especially on a light surface until you have a thick coating, then it gives a greenish hue.
Its a very thick paint just like a paste, so its smooth and easy to apply. It applies and glows smoothly as there is zero graininess. Even when viewed closely, its glow really smooth.
Thanks to its durability, you can use it indoors and outdoors. Even without a weatherproof coating, it glows and works well outdoors, but of course, a coating helps in the long run.
Users really love that it applies smoothly and glow brightly but wants the bottle to be a little bigger.
Even though Aurora looks bigger in the picture, its way smaller, close to the size of a nail polish bottle. In this tiny bottle, you have 0.68 oz(20 ml) of paint.
This much paint is enough for most cases as you most probably will thin it. The more you thin(according to your use), the more paint you have.
But, if you want it for, let’s say painting a big wall, then I wouldn’t recommend it considering its quantity. For anything else, it fits well.
This paint is among the best glow in the dark paint, and that’s for a reason.
It glows really bright for hours with just a minute of charge, but the source of charge plays a crucial role. You must use a powerful source to charge it.
Sunlight, lamp, LED lights are good chargers, but if you want the best effect, then a Blacklight is the best charger. With one minute of charge in blacklight, your paint will glow brightly for the whole night.
And I really mean it. Now, don’t go and buy any blacklight, but this blacklight torch as its the best for charging these paints.
Of course, Aurora is a complete value for money, but to your surprise, there is something more for you.
With this bottle, you get lifetime access to the Exclusive VIP Stencils Membership, which has a lot of benefits that you won’t get with any other paint.
- Glows very bright for long
- Just a minute of charge and its ready for all-night glow
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Very durable and hold well on rigid surface
- Lifetime Access to the exclusive VIP stencils membership
- Paint is less, but sufficient in most cases
- Very Strong/Vivid Bright Green Fluorescence (off white/cream color in daylight)
- Glows ALL NIGHT after a 10 second light charge (UV flashlight is best!)
- Included: Lifetime Access To The Exclusive VIP Stencils Membership - Easily Create Professional Looking Wall Art!
1. Premium Phosphorescent Glow in The Dark Acrylic Paint
Why get a single glow in the dark acrylic paint when can get 8 at a little more price? This premium paint from Neon nights offers a set of 8 vivid colors you will absolutely love.
The set includes red, blue, green, yellow, pink, white, orange, and purple.
These paints are handcrafted in Germany and have a thorough quality test to ensure perfect brightness and longevity.
All the paints are free of toxic chemicals, so they are completely safe to use.
It has strong pigmentation, so while its visible in daylight, it glows brightly in the dark. Yes, this paint, unlike the last two, dries the same color and shows your masterpiece even in the light.
The best part of this paint is that it’s a hybrid. What’s that?
Well, these paints do charge and glow just like glow in the dark paints, but also shine in UV Blacklight like Fluorescent paints. So, it has the benefits of both.
But with good, comes the bad. Because its phosphorescent, they don’t charge well with so-called “Good Chargers.”
So, while other paints charge perfect with sunlight, lamp, LED lights, etc., these paints don’t. Even if you charge them for hours using this source, they will hardly glow for 15 minutes.
And I think 15 minutes is way too less, isn’t it? So, is there a solution?
Well, thankfully, YES! To charge them, you need to have a Blacklight. This light is a very powerful charger for any glow in the dark paint you will ever use.
It has the power to charge the paint in no time, but then another problem arises. These paints can’t hold the charge for long; maybe an hour is maxed limit.
So, you need something that consistently charges these paints. With the consistent charge, it will fluoresce forever until you want.
And I don’t think there is anything better than this LED UV Blacklight. It will sit in one place and charge them, and since these paints also shine in UV lights, they will be super bright in a blacklight.
Unlike other paints, these are little thin paints, so you need multiple coats to get a good glow. Have at least 4-5 coats to see something good. Now, because its thin, its a big NO for outdoors without weatherproof coating.
You can use it on a couple of surfaces, but try avoiding them on body or fabric because they are very hard to remove once dry.
- Glows bright, but need a blacklight
- Is a hybrid of two types
- Handcrafted and quality-tested
- Visible in day and night
- A Blacklight is a must
- ★ SET OF 8 VIVID GLOW IN THE DARK COLORS – Each of our luminescent neon paints in this set has been designed to brilliantly and vividly glow in the dark. This glow acrylic paint set includes the...
- ★ LONG-LASTING GLOW FORMULA – We’ve designed our glow in the dark acrylic paint using our own innovative and one of a kind formula. Making sure that each color glows for hours without losing its...
- ★ HANDCRAFTED IN GERMANY – All of our self-luminous paints have been expertly hand made with incredibly care and concern for detail and quality in Germany. We thoroughly test each glowing paint to...
Tips for Glow In The Dark Acrylic Paint
- Most of the paints are thick, so if you are finding them difficult to use, then use an acrylic thinner or water to thin it.
- Proper charge from the right source is crucial for a brighter glow.
- Get a Blacklight; it will go a long way.
- These paints are very hard to remove, almost impossible, so while they are wet, remove them.
- If spilled by mistake, don’t panic, use soap and water to clean it asap
- Its not recommended on skin or hair whatsoever, so don’t pour it there.
- Even if some paint mistakenly gets onto your skin, don’t worry as they are non-toxic and completely safe, but do clean them it asap.
- These paints glow much better on the lighter surface, so if possible, use them on a light color surface like white.
FAQ for Glow In The Dark Acrylic Paint
While getting a glow in the dark acrylic paint, there can be several questions, confusions, or queries in your mind. These questions may stop you from getting the right paint.
So, its crucial to get the answers for them. Below are a couple of most asked questions that you may want to check.
Does acrylic paint glow in the dark?
Yes, acrylic paint does glow in the dark. These paints are just like any other paint except the fact that they glow in the dark. These paints use light to charge themselves and later emit it to produce the glow. To make such a paint, companies mix acrylic paint with some glowing pigments that make them glow in the dark acrylic paint.
What is the longest lasting glow in the dark acrylic paint?
From personal experience, I would recommend Aurora Bright Green glow as it can glow the whole night with mere seconds of charge. But you have to charge it properly. I would recommend you read my review and then decide whether you want it or not.
Why is my glow in the dark paint not glowing?
There can be a couple of reasons, with charging and surface being the crucial one. To ensure a long and bright glow, you have to charge your paint with a Blacklight or other powerful light as most of the charge from sunlight will be used in the evening. Also, these paints fluoresce on light surfaces, so use a primer coat of white paint prior to applying. Finally, stir it well before using as the glowing crystals would have settled down till now.
How long will glow in the dark acrylic paint last?
The glow of a glow in the dark paint can be anywhere between 3-10 hours depending on the charge. But the life of these paints once applied is very long, years to be specific. These paints can be recharged millions of times, so it will last for most of your life.
Wait, its the end of the article. In this article, I talked about the best glow in the dark acrylic paint that you can get. Most of these paints are thick, but you can thin them using an acrylic thinner or water. If you like this article, do share it with your friends and family.