Are you looking for a skeleton costume for Halloween that gives you a creepy and scary kind of look at night? Well, if you are, you should definitely go for a glow in the dark skeleton costume.
This kind of costume glows brightly in the dark and makes you look spooky, which is perfect for Halloween or other costumed themed parties. It comes for both adults and children and is perfectly safe to wear.
This type of costume is also comfortable to wear and is usually durable. It is black in color with a white skeleton printed upon it. This printed skeleton is what shines brightly in the dark in mostly fluorescent colors.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Glow Skeleton Costume
When we go out to purchase something, all of us have certain things in our mind based on which we make the purchase. It could be the quality, durability, warranty, or something else which we carefully check prior to buying a product.
When it comes to clothes, it is essential that you take a look at them before buying them. We have listed some of the factors that you need to consider while buying a glow in the dark costume.
Quality is a fundamental factor to consider when buying clothes. What everyone wants in their clothing is that they should feel good while wearing them, and they should be easy to wash.
In this sense, the fabric of the costume must be hard-wearing, smooth, and comfortable to wear. Plus, it should have reinforced double stitching at essential stress points so that this glow suit can be worn more than once.
Check if the stitching is neat or not. Your costume should provide you with enough breathing space. Moreover, you should invest in a glow in the dark skeleton suit that is easy to maintain. Your costume should be machine washable or at least hand washable.
You can enquire about this from the seller or sometimes it is also written on the package of the product. If you want to use your costume for a long time, good quality is an essential factor to consider.
If you have bought a glow in the dark costume for your child that is small in size, it can be a disappointment for your kids and can also dishearten them. Further exchanging the dress is a lot of hassle and will take much of your effort and time.
There are some sellers who do not take back the dress after the purchase. Therefore, you need to be extremely careful regarding the size of the clothes you intend to buy. If you are buying a glow costume for a kid, ensure that it fits them right.
The appropriate size will not only make you feel comfortable but will allow you to move easily and thus have loads of fun. If the size of the costume is not right, you will feel uncomfortable, and it would be a complete waste of your money, time, and effort.
If your skeleton costume doesn’t glow brightly that too for a long time, it is definitely not worth an investment. Therefore, prior to buying, ensure that your costume glows in dark areas. Typically, all glow in the dark clothes has some amount of phosphorus.
It is a substance that radiates light after absorbing them. Your costume won’t directly have phosphorus but will be painted with dark in the glow paint that is made from this substance.
Further, remember to place your costume under the light for at least one hour before you wear them at a Halloween party, stage performances, or any other event.
Glow in the dark costume should be safe to wear. The material that glows should not be radioactive or toxic. Safety is an important factor to keep in mind while purchasing this type of clothes as there might be certain elements that can cause side effects.
So, properly check the fabric prior to purchasing the clothes. Your well-being is important, and therefore the product should be safe to use, particularly if the costume is for the child.
Price is something that most buyers give importance to while purchasing any product. It is your hard-earned money, and you can’t just waste it away. You need to ensure whatever you are purchasing should be worth the money being spent on it.
Always remember that a product’s low and steep price indicates faulty manufacturing. Perhaps something could be wrong with your costume if it’s available at a very low price, unless and until it is a discount season.
Try to buy a glow in the dark costume that comes at a pocket-friendly price and is made of the best quality fabric.
1. #followme Glow in The Dark Skeleton Jumpsuit Pajamas Family Sleepwear
Don’t be fooled by the picture, thinking it’s a set of four skeleton costume. It’s just that you can get it for your whole family. Now, coming back to my review, I really love this costume. It is comfortable, sturdy, thick, warm, and feels cozy as well.
You don’t have to worry about getting frozen outside as the warm material tackles the cold. Plus, it’s a Jumpsuit Pajama, so you can use it even after Halloween(as sleepwear). One thing that has really impressed me is its quality.
It is made from 100% polyester microfleece fabric, making it sturdy, while the lock-stitched seams and reinforced stitching keep it good for long. This premium material also holds up well in the wash.
I have laundered it five times in cold water(turned inside out), and I see no frays in stitching or discoloration. It glows just as bright after every wash. Pretty Impressive, TBH! You can use it for Halloween, cosplay, Kigurumi, or simply comfortably lounging away, and it works like a charm.
Plus, it’s a nice sleepwear as well. One thing you can’t see(in the picture) is that it has a hood as well, but unlike the costume, it’s just solid black. Another thing is that it has a full-length front zipper, making it quick and easy to wear.
You can slip in quicker than other costumes or jumpsuits. So, what are you waiting for?
- Available in tons of sizes
- Comfortable, sturdy, thick, and warm
- Can be used as sleepwear as well
- No frays in stitching or discoloration after washing
- Full-length zipper makes it easy to wear
- Nothing I see
- GLOW IN THE DARK: Kick back in striking spooky fashion in these glowing skeleton jumpsuits. Perfect for Halloween, cosplay, kigurumi, or simply comfortably lounging away, these glow-in-the-dark...
- ALL SIZES AVAILABLE - This listing is for Boys sizing. We have coordinating Womens, Mens and Girls sizes also available. Just search for "#followme glow skeleton" in the search bar above to...
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: Warm and toasty, these hooded non-footed adult onesie are a comfy treat to slip into. We’ve used 100% polyester microfleece fabric that gives the kids’ and adult playsuits a...
Other Adult Glow in dark Skeleton costume
- OFFICAL MORPHSUIT ADULT COSTUME: The Glow In the Dark Spooky Scary Skeleton will make the perfect adults Halloween Costume. Please leave under a direct light source for minimum 1 hour before wear.
- SIZES THAT FIT: Size based on height: Medium 5"-5"4 (150cm-162cm)
- HIGH QUALITY GLOW SKELETON COSTUME: Our high quality material means a 4-way stretch, with double zips and re-enforced stitching at stress points to make sure this Glow Skeleton Morphsuit lasts more...
2. Leg Avenue Women’s Glow in The Dark Skeleton Bodysuit
By the picture, it may look too cartoony, but believe me, in person, it looks much better than those “realistic glow costumes.” You will feel more comfortable and confident here. It is made from 88% nylon and 12% spandex material, making it sturdy yet stretchy.
I really love how good it fits; just like a glove, it hugs you from everywhere. But mind you, I saw no camel toe. This thing has a scooping v-neckline that looks fabulous and, of course, sexy. And unlike most costumes, it features a zipper on the back.
Apart from the wonderful look, it has a pretty awesome glow. You have to left it under the sun(or a better light) for a couple of few hours(or minutes) to see it fluoresce in the dark. Remember, the longer you charge it, the better and brighter it will fluoresce.
Another big surprise is that it glows under Blacklight, too, so you’ll stand out at the party too. The only issue is that the material is thin and slightly see-thru, especially in the back where there is no pattern, which can be a little uncomfortable for you.
But worry not, just wear dark undergarments, and you are good to go. Also, the see-thru problem is only when there is light outside; nothing looks in the dark.
This costume is available in five size options; just choose the one that fits best. For size recommendations, check the reviews. People gave some great advice there.
- Looks sexy yet classy
- Sturdy and stretchy material
- Glow pretty bright even after slight charge
- Available in five size options
- Loved by thousands of women
- Material is see-thru in light but wearing dark undies solves the problem
- Quality materials used for all leg avenue products
- 100 percent designed and tested for the toughest situations and environments
- Whether you are a professional, recreational user, or even casual, leg avenue will fit the mold for all types of people
Other Women Glow in Dark Skeleton Costume
- Human Skeleton Roleplay Costume for Women Includes Glow in the Dark Skeleton Printed on Front Bodysuit and Skeleton Gloves.
- Skeleton Costume Bodycon Unitards Jumpsuit for Women. Super Durable and Easy to Stretch Bodysuit. Superior Quality. 85% Nylon, 15% Spandex.
- Super Value Pack for Skull Bones Role Play. Perfect for Halloween Skeleton Dress Up Parties, Festivals, Spooky and Scary Halloween, Rave Outfit, Glowing Skeleton, Horror movie themed Party, Goosebumps...
3. Amscan Halloween Skeleton Glow in The Dark Costume for Kids
So, we have talked about Men and Women’s skeleton costume, and now it’s time for the kids. No doubt, they are the ones most excited about this costume. While there are literally tons of costumes in the market, I prefer this one from Amscan.
It is sturdy, stretchy, and breathable. But the best thing is that it is big enough to wear clothes underneath without looking too baggy. So, your kid can wear warm clothes underneath if it ends up being chilly.
It is made from 100% polyester, so of course, it’s strong and will last long. You kid can wear this during kids annual trick or treat or dance costume, and it’ll be a big hit. Also, apart from the costume, you get matching glow in dark gloves and a skull mask, making it even scarier.
And three glow bright for long enough; just make sure you charge them well. Currently, it is available in three size options, which you can check in the size chart. Now, in the title, Amscan says it’s a “boy costume,” but it fits girls just fine.
- Sturdy, stretchy, and breathable
- Big enough to wear clothes underneath
- Glows bright for long
- The glowing gloves and mask makes it extra scary
- Available in three size options
- Nothing I found
- Package includes: 3 pcs. Glow in the dark X-Ray skeleton costume in large size (12-14).
- The skeleton costume includes a black jumpsuit with glow-in-the-dark bones, matching gloves, and a skull mask.
- Perfect to wear during kids annual trick or treat. This can also be worn as dance costume.
Other Kids glow in the dark skeleton costume
1. How To Make Glow In The Dark Clothes At Home?
To make glow in the dark clothes at home, you will require: spray paint or UV-reactive markers, painter’s tape or Stencils, Glow-in-the-dark powder, Paintbrushes or chalk pencil, Reflective tape, Reflective ribbon, or fabric.
There are three ways in which you can make glow in the dark clothes at home-
- First, you can draw patterns on your clothes, such as t-shirts, using UV reactive markers. The design that you create will glow in the dark.
- Second, spray paint on the entire t-shirt using UV-reactive spray paint, or use stencils or painter’s tape if you want to retain the glow paint to certain portions of the clothing.
- You can mix the glow in the dark powder with paint or water and use the mixture to create designs on clothes of your choice.
2. Which Colors Usually Glow In The Dark?
Well, there are various types of glow in the dark colors, but if you are looking for colors that shine brightly under blacklight, you should look for outfits with fluorescent colors.
It is said the brighter the neon color, the higher there is a chance of the item glowing brightly. Fluorescent yellow, green, orange, yellow, and pink are the safest bet.
3. How Is Glow In The Dark Clothes Made?
Glow in the dark clothes are usually made of chemical photoluminescent materials. This makes sure that the glow of the fabric remains even after multiple washes.
Normally, glow in the dark clothing can handle up to 100 washes and can also be ironed. However, avoid ironing it directly as it can hamper the clothing.
While purchasing the glow in the dark costumes, take the above-listed things into consideration as it will help you to make the right and informed choice. A glow-in-the-dark costume is a good choice for Halloween costumes or themed parties, especially at night. It will give you a freaky look, which is an important factor in parties.