Whether its your garden, pathway, aquarium, or flower pot, a glow in the dark stone can make them beautiful in the dark.
It looks like a pretty decoration in light but glows like a gem when the lights turn off.
These little stones are enough to add a magical experience and make your simple garden look like a fairy one.
During the night, each pebble looks like a precious stone glowing brightly piercing through the dark. These look so gorgeous that you can’t ignore these pretty like stones.
Now, the question arises – Which Glow Stone is the best?
With hundreds of glow in the dark stones flooding the marketing, its hard to get your hands on the right one.
Don’t worry; I got your covered. Just for you, I listed the 7 best glow in dark stones you can get today.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Now, I did my honest review for all of them, so its a big article, but if you want a quick summary, then below are my top 5 recommendations.
7. YuCool 220 Pcs Glow in The Dark Garden Pebbles Stones
YuCool glow in the dark pebbles is a great choice if you want something that decorates during the day while the glow in the dark.
The color of the product is spot on, so they appeal during the daytime while glow during the night.
You get 220 pcs of stone divided into 5 colors. These include light blue 50pcs, blue 30pcs, rose red 50pcs, green 60pcs, and orange 30pcs.
They are made from Photoluminescent Pigment and Resin material that, if you don’t know, is an environmentally friendly and non-mineral product.
So, its safe to use, but keep them away from the kids as they might swallow it thinking of candies, and that can be hazardous.
Now, they don’t use any battery to glow; instead, all they need is light to charge. You can use sunlight or artificial light(like lamp light) to charge them.
You can use these indoors or outdoors, but make sure you are giving them enough light for charging. The longer you expose them in the light, the longer and brighter they will glow.
With a good charge, you can expect them to glow for 2-3 hours; however, my personal experience says that it only glows for upto 2 hours.
Even after a good session of charge, I wasn’t able to see the glow I expected until I put them all together.
So, I realized that when scattered, these pebbles are hardly visible, so keep them close to each other to see the best effect.
If you have a larger area to cover, let’s say a garden, then get multiple packs and start filling them. Don’t expect these 220 pcs to light up your whole garden.
Also, remember that all the colors glow differently, with Green being the brightest.
- Good for Indoors and Outdoors
- Decorative during day, shine during night
- Completely safe and environmentally friendly
- Only glows brightly when in group
- Only glows for up to 2 hours even after a good charge.
- PACK OF 220: .These stones can't grow by themselves. After being exposed to daylight, these pebbles glow in the dark. Glow lasts approximately two to three hours after full sun exposure.
- FRIENDLY: Environmentally friendly resin non-mineral products.
- IDEAL DECORATION: Line a walkway, pathway or driveway, edge a flower bed or fill potted plants with these glowing rocks, DIY decorative stones for vases, fish tanks, aquarium landscaping, gardening,...
6. SUNNEST Glow in The Dark Pebbles
Want soft blue and green glow in the night while a cute creative decoration during the daytime? Then Sunniest Glow in the dark pebbles is for you.
In the box, you get 200 glow pebbles with 100 pcs of Blue and Green. Each pebble is around 2-3 cm long, thus offering you a colorful light feast in the dark.
With two color options, you can use it for a couple of things like Lighting the pathway, driveway, walkway, or decoration for vases, aquarium, etc. Its ideal for garden, lawn, yard, etc.
To get these stones glowing, you have to first charge it under Sunlight or other lights like UV or lamp. When exposed to light, these stones get charged and later emit it slowly.
Honestly, these stones don’t “glow” bright like the above picture; instead, they give a soft glow that can make your landscape look kind of fairytale.
But if you expect these pebbles to light your whole garden, then you, my friend, are wrong. Even with a good charge of several hours, it hardly glows for 2-3 hours(if in a group).
If scattered, they hardly glow for upto 1.5 hours, so its better to put them close for best effect. That being said, it can’t glow all night without any supplementary light that charges it frequently.
Personally, I like these stones in the daytime than the night. Oh my, oh my! These colors look magical in the day.
These pebbles are made from premium resin-durable, non-toxic & tasteless, and non-radioactive material, so they are completely safe. Still, I would recommend you keep these away from the kids as they might try to swallow it.
Now, I saved the best part for the last! If you aren’t satisfied with the product, then you can ask for a full refund without any problem.
- Looks magical during day while glowing during night
- Best for indoors & Outdoors
- Completely safe
- Money-back guarantee
- Isn’t really bright, just a soft glow
- Glow hardly last for 1-3 hours
- 【Glow In The Dark Rocks】 These stones can't grow by themself. But these pebbles absorb enough sunlight during the day to glow up to 2-3 hours at night or any other dark environment. Please radiate...
- 【Decoration for Garden Patio Lawn】 Lighting the pathway, driveway, walkway, flower bed, potted plants, or fish tanks. Create a surreal nighttime environment in your yard using the glow in the...
- 【100% Safe】These glow stones is made of premium resin-durable, non-toxic & tasteless and non-radioactive. No harm to people, fish, birds and plants. Also there is no sharp edge because of fine...
GloCarnival glow in dark pebbles is a great option if you want soft glow for a couple of hours. They can either be used indoors or outdoors.
Thanks to its non-toxic, non-radioactive, and odorless material, they are great for fish tank, fairy garden, mason jar, pathway, yard garden decoration, aquarium decoration, and more.
Even though they don’t cause any health issues, I would recommend you to keep them away from children to avoid any danger. You can also become creative and use them in other places, like your master bathroom, etc.
These pebbles appear green in the day while glow blue in the dark. To make them glow brilliantly, you have to initially charge them for a couple of hours.
Direct sunlight is the best source for charging. Expose your pebbles in sunlight or artificial light for at least 4 hours and then pave them along the pathway.
Now, as I said earlier, they give a soft glow, but if you want a better glow, then avoid scattering them. I would personally recommend you to put them close to each other for a bright glow, and a better glow time.
According to their research, a single pebble can glow upto 3 hours, but if you put together 5-10 stones, then it can glow for 5 hours.
So, think of covering the entire area instead of just sprinkling them all around. The more, the better and the brighter. And believe me, it’s worth the expense.
Now, its not that they don’t glow when scattered, but you will only see them in the proper dark. So, If there is let’s say a street light next door, then you won’t see them unless you put them together.
Currently, they are available in 3 sizes wherein each one has a different number of stones, so you can choose between 200, 300, and 480.
- For Indoors or Outdoors
- Non-toxic, Non-radioactive and Odorless
- Better decorative for day and night
- Three size options
- Glow for less time if not together
- Doesn’t glow that bright if not together
- ☀〖GLOW IN THE DARK PEBBLES〗: These glowing rocks absorb and store energy from sunlight and other light sources,light up in dark environments. These glowing pebbles can glow for up to 1 to 2...
- ☀〖SAFE & DURABLE〗: The glow in the dark stones are made of natural resin, non-toxic, non- radioactive and odorless. Glow in the dark rocks are no harm to people, fish, birds and plants. Fine...
- ☀〖APPLICATION〗:The luminous pebbles be used walkway, pathway or driveway, edge a flower bed or fill potted plants with these glowing pebble stones. Creating DIY decoration for vases, fish tanks,...
4. Para-wish 600PCS Glow in The Pebbles Stones
Want some extra glow around your garden? Well, this pack of 600 glow in dark stones will make your outside pathways glow like a fairy garden
These environmentally friendly pebbles are safe, non-toxic, tasteless, and non-radioactive, so they don’t cause any harm whatsoever.
But keep them out of kids range as they may try to swallow it thinking of candy, and that can be tragic.
They are made from high-quality resin material and are polished to have no sharp edges. Some people say it only glows when its super dark, which is true to some extent.
It can glow well, but you have to charge them properly for a couple of hours to see the best effect. Direct sunlight, lamplight, and torchlight are among the best chargers.
Remember, more the charger, brighter the glow, better glow time. So, keep it for a couple of hours before using it. If you don’t see the glow as expected, then there are two things you must do.
First, keep them close to each other(i.e., together) and resist scattering them all over the garden. And second, if the glow still isn’t good, then use a lamp light for charging.
Even though it glows well, it isn’t really bright, so if there is some lights nearby like a street or porch lights, then they don’t show up.
Also, the glow doesn’t last long, which I think is its worst thing. Now, if for any reason it doesn’t fit your purpose or you aren’t 100% satisfied, then you can grab your full money back.
- 600 quantity, pretty nice
- Glows for long, but isn’t that bright
- Full money-back guarantee
- Its glow can fade from lights nearby
- Absolutely safe: Made of high quality resin, non-toxic, tasteless and non-radioactive. Work fine and polished to have no sharp edges.
- Environmentally friendly and: no electricity required! Glowing pebbles absorb and store energy from sunlight or other light sources and illuminate in dark environments.
- Package includes: 600 pcs blue glow pebble, Diameter: 0.8"-1.2"/ 2-3cm.
3. Chic Style 500Pcs Glow in The Dark Stones
With 500 pcs of decorating glowing pebbles, this one is ideal for fish tank, pond decorations, yard decorations, aquarium gravel, and more.
The Polystyrene material makes its an eco-friendly, non-toxic & tasteless, and non-radioactive while the Photoluminescent pigment helps it glow brightly for hours without any problem.
These stones don’t glow on their own. They need to be charged using a light source before they fluoresce.
Now, direct sunlight, by default, is the best charging source for all the glow in the dark stones with artificial lights coming second.
But here, the things are swapped, so here artificial light, more specifically, lamplight, is the best charger with sunlight coming at second.
To put that in perspective, if you charge these pebbles under sunlight for hours, then it would hardly glow for 3-4 hours, but if you charge them under lamp for even an hour, then it can glow for upto 10 hours.
If you don’t have a lamp, then you can use a torchlight. Let me be very clear, the glow isn’t even remotely close to how they look in the pictures, but they are good.
With a beautiful look in the day and bright glow at night, its ideal for fish tank gravel decorations, outdoor driveway decorations, yard gravel, aquarium gravel, luminous rocks, etc.
The best part? They offer a 100% refund or replacement for defection, accidental damage, non-satisfaction, so you are good to go.
- Can glow for 10 or more hours if charged with lamp
- 100% refund or replacement
- 500 pieces, so you have a lot
- Completely safe
- Only glows brightly when charged with lamp.
- Quantity: 500pcs approx 2.5 lb of decorative glowing pebbles, The dimension of each decorative stones is 0.8"-1.2".
- Eco-Friendly Material: the glow pebbles are made from Polystyrene (PS), non-toxic & tasteless, non-radioactive.
- Premium quality luminous pebbles: Glow lasts approximately two to three hours in the dark after full sun exposure warning. If charge by lamp light around 15mins, this glow in the dark decor will...
2. GeniusCells Glow in The Dark Stones
Want a glow in the dark stone that “really” glows well? Then this one from GeniusCells is something you will absolutely love.
Unlike most other glow in dark stones, this one glows pretty brightly and that too for a couple of hours. Also, they are non-toxic, non-radioactive, and can be recycled.
Made from activated alkaline earth aluminate, silicate, and other high-tech self-luminous products its among the brightest stones on the list.
Actually, its luminous brightness and duration are 30-50 times more than traditional ZnS(Zinc sulfide) luminous material, so you can expect something cool here.
These stones look great and real, unlike the plastic one. Here, you get big chunks that stand out from the crowd.
And that makes them great for lighting a pathway, yard, garden, aquarium, landscape building in the garden, School, Park, Garden, and so on.
Now, these pebbles don’t glow on their own; they have to be charged. And to charge them, you have to expose them to light.
Here, the source of light plays a crucial role, so having a strong source will charge is much faster than a weak one. Direct sunlight and blacklight is the best source here.
If you charge it using Blacklight, then it will glow very bright(personal experience). Expose it to any of these light for around 1-2 hours to get all-night glow.
Now, if for any reason you don’t like its glow, then you can claim the 100% money-back guarantee to get your money back.
- Glows very bright
- Even a 30-minute charge can glow it for 6-8 hours
- Completely face and recycled.
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Looks and feel great
- Little expensive but worth the price
- 【Best Decorating Landscape】 What a surprise gift! Please thinking it why yours glow rocks doesn't work in your garden, Please radiate them with light again if they are not bright enough, Only time...
- 【HOW to USE?】 These stones can't grow by themself, Please radiate them with light again if they are not bright enough. They can absorb any light at arounding, please radiate them with light after...
- 【UNIQUE SCENERY】 Decoration for garden patio lawn, edge a flower bed, lighting a pathway or driveway, gardens, crafts, aquariums, school, park, etc.
If you want value-for-money glow in the dark stones, then this one from Party Zealot is something you will love.
Made from ABS plastic, these stones are lighter and brighter than most other stones. Weighing only 1 KG, these 400 glow in dark pebbles will light up your garden.
These pebbles are mixed with glow in the dark clay powder that enables them to absorb the light and later emit it slowly.
Personally, I think around 2 hours of charge is enough for hours of glow. It’s recommended that you either charge them in direct sunlight or an LED light.
You must initially try the LED light for charging, as that will be a powerful source. Additionally, it will help you determine whether your stones are glowing or not.
According to Party Zealot, around 1% of pebbles might have product defects, so if yours aren’t glowing, then you can easily replace them.
If charged right, they can glow for hours without any problem. You can use them indoor or outdoor. Some people complain that it doesn’t glow bright, and there is only a hint of blue.
Well, its because people either haven’t charged them properly or have spread them scattered. You have to place it under the right source for the right time before they emit bright.
Now, if you lay them in your garden, then once charged, they will start glowing, and till night some of their glow will fade due to continuous glowing.
That’s why you must not spread them scattered; instead, let them be close to each other to see the best effect.
- Cheap and effective
- Value-for-money as you get 400 pcs
- Glow for hours
- CHEAPEST WAY TO DECORATE YOUR GARDEN - 2lb (or 400 PCS ) glow in the dark stone at a very competitive price, big saving for your decoration project.
- PREMIUM QUALITY GLOW IN THE DARK PEBBLE - 99% of the pebble can glow in the dark at night. Only 1 % might have product defect issue that we can 100% replace it for you.
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED TO LIGHT UP THE PEBBLES - These glow in the dark pebbles are light up by solar or LED light. The pebbles absorb the light for 1 - 2 hours and they can be glow for fairly long...
What are Glow in the Dark Stone?
Glow in the dark stone as the name suggests are stones that glow in the dark.
These stones are made using different materials mixed with some phosphorescence material(like glow in the dark clay) that ultimately produce the glow.
These stones, just like glow in the dark paint, need a light source to charge themselves before they glow in the dark.
What really happens is these pigments, or should I say crystals store the light and later emit it slowly, thus giving a glow like an effect.
These stones are getting popular recently with people wanting to make their pathway beautiful and fish aquarium glow.
Generally, these stones have a size ranging from 1.5cm to 3 cm and can glow for 2-3 hours. But there are some stones of good quality that can last for 6-8 hours.
The glow in these stones depends on the quality of these stones and the charge you provide them. With a good charge, they glow bright and vice-versa.
Almost all these stones can be used indoors and outdoors, and are completely safe.
How to Choose a Glow in the Dark Stone?
Now, choosing a glow in the dark stone isn’t a guessing game. You just can’t choose any stone in the market as, without the proper knowledge, you may end up getting the wrong one.
That’s why its crucial that you understand what to look for in these stones. Only with the proper knowledge, you will become the master.
Now, there are a couple of things to look up to, and all of them fall under four categories that I have explained below.
The size of a glow in the dark stone plays a crucial role depending on your situations and why you want them.
If you want these stones to light up your garden, then big size stones seem a good option. Why?
Most of the small size stones don’t glow much individually and have to be placed altogether to see a good effect.
And if you want to cover a good area of the garden, then you need a lot of small stones, so its better to get a big one that absorbs more light and fluoresce well.
A big stone will absorb more light, glow bright, and will have a much better duration, so a big size seems the right option here.
But if you want to make a picture in your garden, like a heart for your lover, then these big stones are useless. You then need small ones to get the right picture.
On the contrary, if you have a kid at home, then small ones are a big NO as the kid may try to swallow it, thinking of a candy.
So, the size is crucial and depends on your situation and needs.
Different colors have different nature, especially when it comes to glowing. Just like normal colors, even stones glow differently depending on which color they are covered in.
Like, light blue color and Green/Neon have high visibility, the stones of such color will glow brightly. Now, its not always important, but you can follow them as an additional guideline.
Apart from that, colors decide whether these stones look pretty or not. Like, these sky blue color stones look more like a gem.
So, the color can either make your garden a fairy garden or a devil garden, totally depending on the color.
The material is important to consider in anything, let alone be glow stones. These materials determine how bright and long these stones will glow.
Earlier Zinc sulfide, a luminous material was used to light up, but then material like alkaline earth aluminate and silicate came.
The luminous brightness and duration of these new materials were 30-50 times more than the old one. So, it really depends on the material as the material determines the quality.
Apart from this, material tells how safe a product is. For instance, these stones are commonly made using Phosphorescent, chemiluminescent, and radioluminescent.
Today, most stones(all on this list) are made using Phosphorescent as these are non-toxic, non-radiation, and odorless material that are completely safe.
Rest two materials, i.e., chemiluminescent and radioluminescent, aren’t good for consuming, which makes them hazardous for kids, so its better-avoiding stones made from such materials.
Level of Safety
I think I covered the same in the material section, but its important, so let’s repeat it again.
The material of a glow in the dark stone determines its level of safety. Now, the three commonly used materials for making them are Phosphorescent, chemiluminescent, and radioluminescent.
The first one is completely safe, but the rest two aren’t good for consumption, so just in case if a baby consumes stones made from these materials, then the risk of losing a life increases.
Fortunately, today most stones are made using Phosphorescent, and all of the ones on this list are completely safe.
Reminder, its not safe to eat a stone no matter what’s its materials are, so better avoid them being in contact with small children.
Tips for Glow in the Dark Stone
- Glow them for at least 2-4 hours in direct sunlight before using them.
- If they don’t glow as expected even after charging then trying another source of light like a lamp or blacklight
- Try to place stones close to each other to see the best effects.
- Before putting them in an aquarium, do clean them.
- If you have a kid at home, then keep it at an unapproachable place, so your kid remains safe.
How long do glow in the dark rocks last?
If you are talking about the age, then a glow in the dark rock can last up to 15-20 years, depending on its quality. But if you are asking about glow duration, then it can range anywhere between 2-8 hours depending on the quality and light source.
Some stones on this list can glow up to 8 hours while others hardly last an hour, so it totally depends.
How do glow in the dark pebbles work?
Glow in the dark pebbles are made using luminous materials. These materials, when exposed to light, get excited and begin charging themselves only to emit them later. Once charged, they slowly emit the charge that seems like a glow effect. So, all it does is take charge and slowly emit it to produce a glow.
Are glow in the dark pebbles safe?
Yes! Today, most of the dark pebbles are made from materials that are non-toxic, tasteless, non-radioactive, and some even can be recycled. Unlike the old generation pebbles, these are completely safe, just like the ones on this list.
So, this magical journey of glow stones ends here. In this article, I talked about the best glow in the dark stones that you can get in the market. These stones glow brightly and make your garden look-alike a fairy garden. If you like this article, then do share it with your friends and family to let them see these beautiful stones.