You thought you were so clever, didn’t you? Painting your flower pots a bright neon color so they’d stand out in the garden. But now, after sunset, they just blend in with the darkness.
What’s a gardener to do? Luckily, there’s an easy solution: add a little glow to your pots! All you need is some glow in the dark paint, and you can make your pots stand out even after the sun goes down.
You’re probably thinking, “does glow in the dark paint work on flower pots?” The answer is, of course, it does! Who wouldn’t want a pot that glows in the dark? It would be the perfect addition to any garden or outdoor space.
You’ll be amazed at how bright they glow in the dark – and your guests will be impressed, too! So don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and designs.
Get creative and have fun with it! Now, let’s start with a little definition.
What is a Glow in the Dark Paint –
Glow in the dark paint is a type of paint that contains phosphors. These are materials that glow in the dark after being exposed to light. When the paint is exposed to light, the phosphors absorb the light and store it.
Then, when the paint is in the dark, the phosphors release the stored light and glow. The length of time that the paint will glow depends on how long it was exposed to light, as well as the type of phosphors used.
Some paints will only glow for a few minutes, while others can glow for hours.
What you Need to Glow Paint Flower Pots –
1. Flower pots
2. Glow in the dark paint(check the best ones)
3. Paintbrush or sponge
4. Tape (optional)
1. Start by cleaning your flower pots with soapy water. This will help the paint to adhere better.
2. Once the pots are clean and dry, you can start painting! Use tape to create clean lines if you want a neat and tidy design. Otherwise, just go for it!
3. Use a paintbrush or sponge to apply the glow in the dark paint to the pots. You can be as creative as possible- use one or multiple colors. Just make sure that the paint is evenly distributed.
4. Once you’re happy with the design, set the pots aside to dry. Depending on the type of paint you’re using, this can take anywhere from a few hours to a day.
5. Once the pots are dry, they’re ready to use! Put them in your garden or outdoor space and enjoy the glow. You can also use sealant to make the design permanent.
And there you have it! You can now enjoy your beautiful, glowing flower pots anytime in the day or night. Once you have your paint, simply apply it to your flower pots according to the instructions on the package.
Most glow-in-the-dark paints require you to charge them up by exposing them to light for a few minutes before they start to glow.
Things You Should Know –
But before you run out and buy some glow in the dark paint, there are a few things you should know.
1. First, not all glow in the dark paints are created equal. You’ll want to ensure you get paint specifically made for fabric or plastic(check the best ones) – otherwise, you might end up with a mess.
2. Second, while the paint is technically safe for plants, it’s always a good idea to apply it to an inconspicuous spot first to test it out.
3. And finally, remember that the paint will eventually fade over time – so you might need to touch up your pots every now and then.
You can also use sealant to make the design of your pots last longer. Just apply a coat of sealant to the paint after it’s dry, and you’re all set!
With that said, go forth and experiment! Be sure to have fun with it and get creative. After all, there’s no wrong way to make your flower pots glow in the dark!
How long does the glow in the dark paint last?
The glow in the dark paint will last for a few hours. However, if you use sealant, it will make the design permanent.
Can I use glow in the dark paint on any type of flower pot?
Yes, you can use glow in the dark paint on any type of flower pot. Just make sure you use paint specifically made for fabric or plastic. You might also want to test it out on an inconspicuous spot first.
Will the paint hurt my plants?
The paint is safe for plants. However, it’s always a good idea to test it out on an inconspicuous spot first.
My flower pot is too big/small for the paintbrush. What can I do?
You can use a sponge instead of a paintbrush to apply the paint to your flower pot. Make sure the paint is evenly distributed, and you use the right glow in the dark paint.
Can I use any type of paint on my flower pots?
No, you should only use glow in the dark paint on your flower pots. This type of paint is specifically made of fabric or plastic and is safe for plants.
Do I need to apply a top coat of clear paint over the glow in the dark paint?
No, you don’t need to apply a top coat of clear paint. However, if you want the design to be permanent, you can use sealant. Just apply a coat of sealant to the paint after it’s dry.
So, does glow in the dark paint work on flower pots? It depends. It will work just fine if you want a pot that will light up your night garden for a few hours after the sun goes down.
However, if you’re looking for something that will keep glowing all night long, you may be disappointed. Thanks for following along with us as we tested this out – now go get creative and add some glow to your outdoor space!
Now that you know how to make your flower pots glow in the dark, have fun and get creative! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.