Looking for a fun and easy way to add some flair to your next art project? Try making your own glow in the dark paint using highlighters! This simple DIY project is perfect for kids and adults alike, and the results are stunning.
Keep reading for instructions on how to make your own glow-in-the-dark paint. Before starting, remember that the type of Highlighter you use will determine your paint color.
For example, if you want to make green paint, use green highlighters. Once you have gathered your supplies, it’s time to start! To make your own glow in the dark paint:
What you need –
To make your own glow paint, you’ll need:
1. Highlighter –
A highlighter is a type of marker that is used to emphasize or draw attention to key points in a text. They are available in various colors and can be used to create fluorescent paint.
You need highlighters to make glow in the dark paint. Highlighters have a substance in them that makes the paint light up under blacklight. As said above, you may use your favorite color highlighter as your paint will be the same color.
2. White paint –
White paint is a type of paint that is used to create a bright, opaque color. It is made by adding pigment to a base of water or oil. White paint is often used to brighten up other colors and is also commonly used for painting ceilings and walls.
Adding white paint to your glow in the dark highlighter paint will help to brighten up the color and make it glow brighter under blacklight. You can use any type of white paint, but acrylic paint works best.
3. Paintbrush –
You’ll need a good quality paintbrush to apply the paint. A brush with synthetic bristles is ideal, as it will hold more paint and give you a smoother finish.
Various types of paintbrushes are available on the market, each one suited for another purpose. Here is a list of some of the most common types of paintbrush and their ideal uses:
1) Flat brush – A flat brush is perfect for painting large areas. It has broad, flat bristles and is used for applying paint evenly.
2) Round brush – A round brush is ideal for detail work. It has short, rounded bristles and is used for painting small details and creating smooth edges.
3) Filbert brush – A filbert brush has long, curved bristles and is perfect for blending colors together.
4) Fan brush – A fan brush has wide, fluffy bristles and is used for creating textured effects.
5)Angular brush – An angular brush has sharp, angled bristles and is used for painting hard-edged lines and details.
4. Plastic container –
To mix the paint, you’ll need an enormous container to hold all the ingredients. A plastic storage container or dishwashing detergent bottle works well for this.
You can use your old containers or may buy a new one from the nearest store.
5. A stir stick –
You’ll need something to stir the ingredients together with. A popsicle stick or wooden spoon works well for this.
Process of Making Glow Paint with Highlighter –
1. Start by sorting through your highlighters and selecting the colors you want to use for your paint. You’ll need at least three different colors, but you can use more if you wish to brighter paint.
2. Pour some white paint into a bowl or other container. You don’t need a lot, but it should be enough to cover the bottom of the bowl.
3. Add the highlighters to the white paint, one at a time. Squeeze each Highlighter, so its entire contents are mixed in with the paint.
4. Use a brush to apply the paint to a surface. It’s best to start with a small area so that you can test how well the paint works.
5. Once the paint is dry, turn off all the lights and see how it looks under blacklight!
Safety measures when Working with Glow in Dark paint –
When you are making glow in the dark paint with highlighters, be careful to avoid getting the paint on your skin. If you do, wash it off right away with soap and water.
1. Be sure to have plenty of ventilation when you paint, as the highlighters’ fumes can be toxic.
2. Do not eat or drink while you are making the paint.
3. Wash your hands thoroughly after you have finished making the paint.
4. Store the paint in a safe place where it will not be ingested or come into contact with skin.
5. Use the paint in a well-ventilated area.
6. Keep the paint away from children and pets.
7. Do not use paint on food surfaces.
8. Be sure to clean up any spills immediately, as the paint can be difficult to remove once it dries.
Making glow in the dark paint with highlighters is a fun and easy project that anyone can do. With just a few supplies, you can create a custom paint color that will light up under blacklight. So get creative and have fun!
Tips and Tricks To Make Epoxy resin with Highlighter –
1. The paint will be brightest if you use a variety of colors and highlighters
2. If you want a paler paint, use white paint than a highlighter
3. Test the paint out on a small surface before covering a larger area
4. The paint will last longer if you seal it with a clear coat of varnish or acrylic sealant.
5. You can also add glitter to the paint for a sparkly effect!
6. If you want to make UV-reactive paint, use neon highlighters instead of regular ones.
7. Use this paint on various surfaces, including wood, glass, fabric, and paper.
1. Do I need a special kind of Highlighter to make glow in the dark paint?
No, any type of Highlighter will work to make glow in the dark paint. However, the paint will be brighter if you use a variety of colors instead of just one.
2. Can I use any type of white paint to make glow in the dark paint?
Yes, any type of white paint will work to make glow in the dark paint. However, the paint will be brighter if you use a variety of colors instead of just one.
3. Do I need a blacklight to see my paint glow?
No, a blacklight is not necessary to see the paint glow. Glow in the dark paint will light up under any type of light.
Final thoughts –
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to add some flair to your next art project, try making your own glow in the dark paint using highlighters!
This simple DIY project is perfect for kids and adults alike, and the results are stunning. Keep reading for instructions on how to make your own glow in the dark paint. Good luck!